Saturday, August 24, 2013

Homemade Baby/Toddler Food!

If you mothers are like me, I thought it would be awesome to make homemade baby food.  It has saved our family money, and our baby gets more variety than if I was just buying the jars at the store.  Don't get me wrong, I still periodically feed her store-bought baby food, but I try to make it as much as possible.



Here is a great baby food making book that has helped our family learn the "how to's".  
-"The Best Homemade Baby Food on the Planet" 
by Karin Knight, R.N. and Tina Ruggiero, M.S., R.D., L.D.

*This book addresses recipes for babies/toddlers up to the age of 23 months!

I wanted to point out a few foods that are EXTRA good for our kiddos that people might not normally think of!

  1. Papaya (if you don't like it, make a smoothie with papaya and mango and pineapple, it hides the papaya taste)
  2. Eggs
  3. Lentils
  4. Split Peas
  5. Tuna
  6. Avocado (easy to take for quick snacks on the road)
  7. Cheese
  8. Muesli
  9. Beets
  10. Raisins
  11. Cottage Cheese
  12. Tofu

Seriously, if you want a book for baby/toddler nutrition, THIS IS THE ONE! Go and get it for tons of quick, easy to make baby food recipes!  It will help you make sure your baby and toddlers are getting all the nutrition they need! 


No comments:

Post a Comment